Moving towards an aged society
- Vietnam is one of the fastest ageing countries in Asia.
- By 2050, the number of people 60 years and over willmore than double from 11.9 million to 29 million people making up almost a third of the total population.
- The number of people over 80 will also triple to almost 6% of the population.
Significant issues elderly face
- Vietnam is facing a deepening crisis in the availability of nursing home care as the population ages.
- Most elderly are cared for by relatives or domestic helpers with little medical expertise.
- Society has not viewed nursing in senior healthcare as an official job.
- The health sector needs a qualified source of nursing workers.
- Government financial support has been limited, delaying private-sector investment.
Solution for better aged care
- Digital technology has a vital role in the healthcare for senior and aftercare programs.
- A combination of the advanced technologies can be used, in multiple angles of healthcare through real time data collection from the IoT and weareable devices.
- AI and precision medicine and Robotic Process Automation can certainly help hospitals and healthcare providers to deliver healthy and quality living to elderly.
Help Our Survey
We will be conducting a quick survey regard an aged care in Vietnam. Your opinions will be a great contribution to enhance healthcare system in the future. This survey should take only 3 minutes to complete. Be assured that all answers you provide will be strictly confidential.